Sunday, January 27, 2013

Brattleboro Hat

I finished the Brattleboro Hat this weekend for the Downton Abbey Knit Along.

brattleboro hat 1

The pattern is from the book New England Knits. I found the pattern through Ravelry, but I borrowed the book from the library. I've been a member of Ravelry for several years, but haven't really used it to it's full potential. I've sort of re-discovered lately. Right now, it's rivaling Pinterest for my internet-time-wastage.

I knew my gauge was too small for this pattern, but I was in a hurry and wanted to work with yarn I had. So I just decided it would be for my daughter.

brattleboro hat 2

I love the texture of the moss stitch on the crown. Since my gauge was too small, I thought the button band would be too long to pick up stitches from, so I made the crown and the band as two separate pieces and then seamed them together. And the buttons are just sewn on-- no real buttonholes.

brattleboro hat 3

I hope to have another one done (in the correct gauge!) by the end of the knit along for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.