I finished my dresden plate project today- it decided to be a pillow!
This was a fun little block to work on. I always thought dresden plates looked difficult, but after seeing the tutorial on Sew, Mama, Sew I decided to try it out. If I make another one of these I think I'll actually hand stitch down the blades and center circle- I'm not crazy about the look of zigzag stitching. But it's a lot faster!
I'm a little hesitant to show a close-up of the center. I wish the circle would have turned out more "circle-y" and less "misshapen oval". But I had already spent all the time embroidering the K so I wasn't about to re-do it. This actually sealed the deal for the block becoming a pillow, rather than a wallhanging-- I figured the not-so-roundness would be less noticeable on the puffiness of a pillow.
And here's a shot of the back, a simple envelope closure:
All the fabrics I used were leftovers from a quilt I made for K before she was born. And here she is with the quilt, all brand new!