So I could get one of these cases!
It gave me a reason to use colors from this beautiful set of floss.
I've had the case for a few weeks and just couldn't decide on a design I wanted to stitch. I used EQ7 to work up some of my ideas. Not the program's intended use, but still fun! And it's much less time-consuming than trying to work out a bunch of designs on graph paper. I made a quilt layout with the same number of blocks as the phone case had cross stitch spaces (for mine, it was 22 wide x 43 high).
Now to see how long the stitching holds up on an object that's going to have lots of wear and tear. If it doesn't last, at least I'll have an excuse to make another one!