Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Archery (and a free pattern!)

I settled on a design for my arrow blocks...

Cupids Arrows 1

It screams "Valentine's Day!" a bit more than my original vision for these arrows, but we can enjoy it for a few more days!

Cupids Arrows 2

I did some simple outline quilting around the arrows and heart. I thought about adding more straight line quilting to the background, but after trying out a few lines I decided it was too busy. If you look closely you can still see the little holes from the quilting I ripped out. I tried steaming them with the iron and it helped, but the holes are still visible. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them??

Cupids Arrows 3

The arrows and the heart are all foundation pieced. I drew the arrow in EQ7, and I'm sharing the pattern with you! You can download the pattern here. The finished size of the block is 8" wide x 5" high. Make sure when you print the PDF that you have Page Scaling set to None. If you use the pattern, I'd love to see it!

Cupids Arrows 4

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

5 comments:

  1. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love this because my sorority's symbol is an arrow and I am going to try to make a quilt for a fundraiser this spring. I will keep you posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the free pattern. yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You so Much!! It's awesome, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! Thanks for the download!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the awesome free pattern! I can't wait to get sewing! It will be great for a quilt swap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.