I realized a few days ago that August is just about half way over and I needed to start working on my bucket hat for the oliver + s sew along August project. The next couple of weeks are pretty busy and I know August will be gone before I know it. I buckled down and finished it tonight!
I bought this fun fabric a while back without a particular project in mind, but who can resist a good weiner dog fabric?
I made the reversible bucket hat once before, so there were no surprises with this pattern (not that there were surprises the first time- it's an easy to follow pattern). However, I decided that I should make the next size up in the hopes that it will still fit next summer. So I had to trace and cut out a new pattern- blah. A. has requested a bucket hat of his own, so I guess I'll be tracing the large size of the pattern as well. *sigh*
K kept calling it her "puppy hat" and marching around the house with it on, so I'm hopeful that it'll actually get some use. However, when she was called upon for modeling duties, she let her two-year-old side show and most of the photos looked something like this: