Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ukulele Gig Bag

My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary this weekend. We agreed that an overnight trip to one of our favorite cities would be our gift to each other, but I still wanted to make something for him. In the last couple of years he's become quite the collector of ukuleles (he's always been musical and has played guitar since he was a kid). So I made him a gig bag to fit his soprano ukuleles.

uke gig bag 1

I made the pattern myself, and for winging it, I'm really happy with how it turned out! Longest zipper I've ever installed-- 48"!

uke gig bag 2

It's got durable duck cloth on the outside and soft flannel on the inside, with a layer of batting in between. My daughter was with me when I bought the fabric and she insisted we find red fabric because "it's daddy's favorite color!!".

uke gig bag 3

I quilted the three layers together and then cut out my pattern pieces. The inside seams are bound with double-fold bias tape.

uke gig bag 4

And a little label on the inside to commemorate the occasion :)

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! So cool. I love it, and what a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It is such a sweet and special gift! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you be able to guide me through making one? Never did anything like thus before! Karinshimoyama@gmail.com thanks so much

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.