Here's my project for the February edition of a little gray's ltts sew along (only a few days late!). I really wasn't excited about making one of these houses... until I actually started pulling supplies together for it. Now I only wish I would have started sooner!
I think I could get wrapped up in the details of this project for weeks! I could make a whole village of these little guys! Here's one side with a window and a couple flowers:
The other side with a bay window:
And here's the back with some more flowers, or maybe a grossly out of proportion blueberry bush. I liked Jessica's circular windows so much, I made one too!
There's even a little greeting inside the door:
You can probably tell I didn't use the foam called for in the pattern. Since I was going to use fiber fill, I fused some medium-weight interfacing to all the pieces. Not once, but twice, I managed to fuse the interfacing to my pressing cloth rather than my house pieces. Sheesh. That's what I get for trying to do some sewing while also keeping the kids occupied. As you can see, adding the interfacing gave the little house quite a bit of structure (this is before stuffing and attaching the bottom).
As much as I would like to add to my little play town right now, I've got a project list about a mile long for March- mostly in preparation of K's birthday at the end of the month. I'm sure not even half of my ideas will get done, but here's hoping!