It's been a few weeks since I last wrote a WIP post, so here's what I've been up to!
Rose Star Quilt
It may not look much different from the last time I showed this quilt, but I swear there's been some progress! There are soooo many little seams to stitch up between these blocks. Oh, and the fact that I'm doing it by hand makes it slow going.
K's Birthday Dress
I've cut out all the pattern pieces and the sewing has begun. Here's the bodice, with ties attached, and the sleeves.
Threading the 1/4" elastic through those little sleeves took every ounce of patience I had. I stitched a thick thread to one end of the elastic and then used an extra long needle to pull it through the tiny casing. On the second sleeve my thread broke twice as I was pulling it through- frustrating! And I can look forward to this frustrating process again as I have to use the same elastic around the entire neckline. I may need a glass of wine first.
Postage Stamp Quilt
A few days ago I saw this post on Oh, Fransson! and really wanted to try out Elizabeth's technique of using fusible interfacing for piecing small patches. So I've started cutting out little squares!
I plan to make a little doll quilt with these squares and use it as a birthday gift for K.
Linking up to Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday Linkup!