Tuesday, May 22, 2012

More Paper Piecing- Pansy Edition

I mentioned a few days ago that I've been in a paper piecing mood so I have another pp block to show off. The pattern is designed by Regina Grewe and it can be found on My EQ Boutique (a very cool way to buy patterns and then print them at any size!).

pansy block

It's always fun to see a complicated block like this come together. Putting all those paper pieced sections together can get confusing. The fact that I was using all neutral fabrics made it even more challenging! I was crossing my fingers that it all came together correctly, and that I had used neutral shades that differed enough to keep the flower visible.

pansy block detail

This block is the start of a new quilt I have planned. It's a gift and each of the pp blocks has a meaning for the recipients. I hope they like it when it's all finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.