Through some blog hopping, I stumbled upon selfsewn's blog and saw her beautiful Rose Star blocks. So, so pretty! She's hosting a block party for these blocks and I thought it would be fun to join in! I still haven't finished my last english paper piecing project, but who says I can't start another one? *wink*
Here's my practice block. I'm surprised how quickly it came together with all those little pieces. This block is 8" across. It seems kinda small, so I may increase the size on my next one. I think I may like the look of a solid fabric center hexagon better too.
I drew the pattern in EQ7. I thought I might be able to find the Rose Star pattern in BlockBase; I didn't find exactly what I was looking for but I found something close that gave me a starting point for drawing.
This is block #242 (aka Three Patch) from BlockBase. And it's pretty close to the Rose Star block! So I edited it to the Block Worktable, rotated it 30 degrees (so the middle hexagon would be on a flat edge), and added the needed lines to create the kite patches.
And here it is with some solid colors.
Here's a peak at the back:
I'm excited to make more of these pretty blocks and see the other blocks in block party!