Sunday, July 10, 2011

Kaleidoscope Quilt Along

I feel like I'm starting a little late, but I'm joining in with the Kaleidoscope Quilt Along. I decided I wanted to use a Moda Sunkissed layer cake and I wanted to be able to cut 4 wedges from each fabric. After some experimenting, I found I could do this if I made a slightly smaller block- 10" finished.

kaleidoscope cutting1

I printed my templates from EQ7. I like that the templates have the blunted points which help in lining up patches (I need all the help I can get!). Although I'm ending up with tiny little fabric bits all over my sewing room, and tracking them all over the house. Oops.

kaleidoscope cutting2

I'm about halfway done cutting the patterned fabric wedges. And then I have all the solid fabric wedges and triangles to cut. It sounds daunting, but I'm thinking it will go a lot faster when I'm not working with the layer cake pieces and can start cutting strips.

Here's my tentative layout for the quilt.

kaleidoscope mockup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.