Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fall Coasters

coaster 1

There's a big fundraising event at A's school in a couple of weeks and each class provides a basket of items for the raffle. The kindergarteners' basket theme is fall holidays. I thought it would be fun to sew up a little something for our contribution, and I decided a bundle of coasters in fall colors would be nice.

coaster 2

I randomly pieced together these little guys and layered them with some cotton batting. A nice quick sew, although I've only made two so far and I plan to make a set of four for the basket. I really have no idea what other parents send in for these raffle baskets, so I hope I'm not totally off the mark with our contribution!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea! I always think about doing something handmade for The Munchkins' classroom raffles faaar too close to deadline for it to be practical! Perhaps if I were a bit more organized... hah. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.