Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wonky Stars: Progress Report

I've been working on my wonky stars quilt!

wonky stars 4

After arranging my stars up on the design wall, I decided to make a few more smaller stars to fill in some of the white space. I'm tellin' ya, these blocks are addictive. Now it's a matter of measuring, shifting, and readjusting to fit in all the white patches (and not create too many crazy partial seams in the process).

wonky stars 5

The plan is to hand quilt this puppy using this:

wonky stars 6

I'm hoping it will accent the little bits of pink in some of the fabrics, which you can see a little better in this block:

wonky stars 7

I'm excited to see this one come together. Hope it turns out as good as what I'm picturing in my head!

1 comment:

  1. I love the random feel the stars have. how can I learn to do this? Im pretty new to quilting :) thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.