Friday, June 3, 2011

First Dress

I've done a fair amount of sewing in the past, but it's just been in the last year or so that I've really become interested in sewing clothing. And I suppose that's mostly due to my two year old daughter- everything's cuter when it's smaller, especially dresses!
I made this dress last summer. And it's the first thing I've sewn from an honest-to-goodness pattern. Flimsy tissue paper and all.
Pattern: New Look 6576
Fabric: Amy Butler's Gypsy Caravan
table skirt dress 1

table skirt dress 2

When I first finished the dress, I wasn't crazy about the fit on her- I didn't like how low the armholes hung. But when the weather turned cooler, I really liked the way it looked with a long sleeve shirt underneath and over jeans (wish I had a picture of it that way).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.