Finished up this skirt recently.
It's based on the Oliver + S pattern here. The full 44" width of the fabric seemed like too much for her little waist, so I think I ended up using a 38" wide rectangle. This meant the seams needed to be finished, so I had an excuse to use my serger. And I love finding reasons to use my serger!
I also decided to use a contrasting fabric for the bottom band, rather than ribbon. I worry how well ribbon would hold up to multiple washings.
I found the fabric in the clearance section at Hobby Lobby. I bought a half yard and had a little bit left over. Quick and easy skirt for $2!