Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shirred Yellow Sundress

This dress has been sitting on my sewing table for a couple of weeks, and I finally finished it today! It needed hemmed, and I had to figure out how I wanted to attach the straps. I probably should have thought about the straps before I actually started, but I just wanted to jump in there- planning-shmanning!

shirred yellow sundress 2

This was my first time working with elastic thread. It's a little scary, but after some experimenting I figured out the correct tension for my machine and off I went. I didn't follow a pattern for this dress (it's basically just a rectangle with shirring along the top), but I did check out several shirring tutorials:
Flossie Teacakes: Shirring tutorial
Pretty Ditty: Shirring tutorial
Portabellopixie (click Shir Madness under Tutorials)

shirred yellow sundress 4
A little closer look at the shirring

shirred yellow sundress 3
Sassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.