Tuesday, June 21, 2011

K's Birthday Dress

This is the dress I made for K's second birthday. Definitely the most difficult pattern I've tried so far (not because of the way the pattern was written, but because of my fairly novice sewing skills). The pattern is Simplicity Project Runway 2320 and I'm so happy with the way it turned out. LOVE that birdie fabric!

Kiera's Birthday Dress

I was chugging along pretty well with this dress until I got to those little cap sleeves. It was my first encounter with bias tape facing and I had to do quite a bit of Googling to figure it out (I found this link the most helpful). How did people learn to do anything before the internet?!

Here it is in action at the birthday party. Complete with matching headband made by mama (which she kept on for about 3 minutes).

birthdaydress2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.